Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head coaching experience is relevant. We’re moving into the Big 12, not in 3 years. Leadership is a must to be a great head coach. Look at the best coaches, they come from big programs. Ideally it would be great to get a younger guy with a HC resume. Again, Big 12 is here

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcated View Post
      Not a big fan of the 'flavor of the week' hot assistant approach. UC had to go that road years ago. The program is in a very different place now.

Nothing against a guy like Hartline. He may end up being all the hype. Right now only 4 years as a coach and no HC experience. Kinda thin resume wise.

I prefer someone with HC experience who is still young enough to care (versus a throne sitter like Tuberville). Hermann would be fine by me.
      Just check out all the receivers that Hartline has recruited. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Comment

• I'm hearing that Urban is on campus today.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBB View Post
          Head coaching experience is relevant. We’re moving into the Big 12, not in 3 years. Leadership is a must to be a great head coach. Look at the best coaches, they come from big programs. Ideally it would be great to get a younger guy with a HC resume. Again, Big 12 is here
          Well, Fickell had one unsuccessful season as an interim at O$U. A lot of people weren’t thrilled by the hire for that reason.

Comment

• I think Urban will be a good hire. Nick Sabin had a bad year with Atlanta in NFL. He will bring good recruits and will be a good coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
              I'm hearing that Urban is on campus today.
              Source? I've seen some postulating articles about Urban but nothing with proof that they are actually talking
              A family member of Brian Hartline confirmed to a friend of mine that UC has given him a call
              Last edited by Chewbacca2099; 11-29-2022, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post

Source? I've seen some postulating articles about Urban but nothing with proof that they are actually talking
                A family member of Brian Hartline confirmed to a friend of mine that UC has given him a call
                Fake twitter account john papperheimer
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• John (jacob) Papperheimer (Schmidt) his name is my name too. (Hey, I am trying to remain positive).

"John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt"

Comment

• Players starting to get behind Gino G
                    https://twitter.com/bradylichty/stat...vijst8FdrlApvQ

Comment

• Development : The offense is rallying for Gino to get the job.

Positive : player buy in

Negative : if it’s not him, lots of people in the portal
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I don't really have want to comment because I like Gino, but is he gonna be able to win in the Big12? Has the offense been amazing the past couple years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Development : The offense is rallying for Gino to get the job.

Positive : player buy in

Negative : if it’s not him, lots of people in the portal
                          Do we think they hit portal if Gino stays? He was QB coach or special offensive assistant in 21, and his first season as OC wasn't bad, nor did it wow anyone. Hope Gino stays and helps next HC. From afar, Gino is star material, not a rising star in industry
                          Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 11-30-2022, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Second thought on Gino. This is a business, not a popularity contest. Appeal to players and recruits is important, but only if AD has faith he has all of the other qualities requisite to being head coach. I trust Cunningham will take both into consideration

Comment

• We need a coach that can keep UC "poll worthy" asap as we enter into the big 12. We can't afford to go into it with a coach who must completely rebuild and dwelling in the conference basement for an extended period. The landscape of college football is progressing to where only the relevant 50 +/- programs will be able to thrive. Those not in the B10 or SEC will be completely left out of television rights, money, etc. This has the potential of being the do or die hire for the football program. I don't like how things are changing for schools that are not included in the elite category. The big 10 and SEC will not be happy until they have a monopoly the college football championship.

Comment

• Totally agree with Rufus on this point - this is an extremely important hire for the football program. It could be the difference in fading into obscurity or maintaining a presence among the top programs in the country. UC needs someone with significant head coaching experience, has a track record of recruiting well and developing players to play professionally. As much as I hate to admit it, Urban Meyer has all those traits. UC could hire him, let him coach for a few years and also allow him to groom his successor for when he leaves.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X