This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post

Good to get some insight. Very good article - provides thoughts from a player that left & a player that is staying. No names mentioned. Sounds like a tough year overall. Interesting reading the comments: people certainly gravitate towards one side or the other.
    Yea, it's pretty even handed. Tame compared to the Huggins days.

Comment

• I read an interesting comment in that article about a player who stayed and a comment made earlier by one who stayed. I asked a question about the comment when it was made, but people were still parroting the covid excuse and just dismissed it

- Anyway - right - wrong -fair - unfair - conjecture - fact this is one heck of a mess, I wish JB luck in filling the roster and hopefully developing the players. Everybody is losing, but winning cures a lot.
      Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-18-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• I dont know what to think. Im hearing that JB was stringent in carrying on the same methodologies hes used for years and (never with any complaints) exactly the same this year but because of the covid lockdown these kids didnt get to enjoy a normal freshman college experience. Instead living in a bubble and basketball. Quoting he wasnt abusive, or derogatory and is probably a nice guy" I said earlier that he probably didnt handle the pandemic politically correct and now it looks like thats the case. However some people thought they and some others were not treated fairly. Ivanauskas coming in trying to be a leader and losing 4 in a row to begin the season probably exacerbated the situation. The free pass to move without sitting a year just makes it easier to run rather than work. Im thinking to just let all involved go their separate ways but how do you help the recruiting in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
          So, did Mike Rehfeldt leave for the same reasons? That never made sense.
          His wife was an anchor on WLWT 5, and she got a better offer and he followed her.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• It seems that the coach could benefit from having an assistant with player relationship building capabilities or a "good cop". A coach who had similar comments made about them in the professional ranks is Tom Thibodeau. He had no player communication skills at all but is a very talented coach. It appears he's going to be the coach at least for the coming season so here's hoping he gets some decent recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

His wife was an anchor on WLWT 5, and she got a better offer and he followed her.
              They moved because Mike got a better offer at UConn. Elise isn't working in TV to my knowledge, but covering the Bengals for a website (from the East Coast).

Comment

• is there a gofundme to Brannen buyout?
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Article from Fox 19 with pro Brannen quotes from a former player (prob NKU?). https://www.fox19.com/2021/03/19/he-...-john-brannen/

Comment

• I wonder if they’ll mutually agree to part ways, split the difference on the buyout and move on

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

He got more money and she works with SI now but they had a young child and it was a money/time deal. Mike and Brannen got along well from all reports. I know Brendel commented on it, and he knew Mike well. This stuff is petty stuff. I'm telling you if you knew the half of the Huggin's era behind the scenes this stuff is laughable. Good luck to them and next man up. Corie Blount's comments re: getting kids in here who are focused on playing bball and winning hits the mark. The funny thing is some of them actually looked like they were starting to get it, and now they're going to be starting over. This makes Mick's avoidance of a lot of recruits because he wasn't going to put up with this kind of stuff look prophetic.

Comment

• What an emotional hangover! First we, as fans, are assessing our current team this year. Some of us happy and some of us not. Now we are seeing a mass exodus of players who we gradually came to like and held hope out for the future. Just remember that these are kids, some making there own decisions and others listening to whomever. I am sad to seem them go but wish them good luck in their future endeavors. Next MAN up. I think that we should give this coach a chance to coach a few full uninterrupted seasons with a team that wants to listen, learn and win. GO CATS!

Comment

• CJB probably should’ve adapted better to the situation at hand however he’s always been very methodical and set in ways and very analytic based. He’s definitely more business and mission focused than he is a people person. However, the vibe I got from this article make the kids look worse than CJB. Fighting back tears because you weren’t playing? Get better, try harder. Complaining about rules regarding ear rings, hats, and du rags in team meetings? You’ll be fine, I promise. I’m 21 years old so don’t hit me with those “okay boomer” comments either. I just finished up my sports life 3 years ago and we’ve always had rules like this. ****, I’m in a college and I’ve had a professor with a no hats in class rule. Both sides agreed there was no sense of abuse but they were scared to ride an elevator with him? You’re trying to tell me ONE MAN almost ruined your love for the game? .... stop it. No way any one in this freshman class makes it through a summer with Mick. Another personal opinion, I think Mason didn’t have a problem with CJB and would’ve stayed but he also had a good bond with the other freshman and didn’t wanna feel like he was betraying them including his brother by staying. Seems like CJB did the same things he usually does but with covid, losing, and emotional freshman it seems he’s getting thrown under the bus. Respect to CJB for not throwing these guys under the bus back. Found this interesting, the seniors, supposed to be the leaders and the mentors. Usually when guys transfer, you’ll repost on your story or reply to their transfer announcements or like it. Just to wish them luck or show your support with a little caption. Chris Vogt and Keith Williams. Didn’t like or comment on a single one of the transfers posts, they liked Jeremiahs returning tweet immediately though. Seems as if they were tired of their s***. No more mouthy twitter moms. No more butterfly tattoos. We need physical, mentally tough grown men. There’s a reason Houston beat our *****. It’s not because of their style of play. Not because Sampson undoes his tie and throws a fit but because they can walk on to the court and deliver body blows to us for 40 minutes and could go for another 40 if they wanted to. We need blue collar, chips on shoulders, WORKERS. That’s what built Cincinnati basketball. That’s what will REBUILD Cincinnati basketball. Go get another Mika, Mr. consistent, tough guy outta NY. go get another JD, put on for my city thick n thin. Go get another DDJ heart and soul into this game. Starting tomorrow Bryson Spell, unranked. Arizona State doesn’t wanna pull the trigger and offer. Virginia Tech doesn’t wanna pull the trigger an offer? Ight bet I’ll go to Cincinnati and work my ***** off with a chip on my shoulder because I know I’m 10X better than Elon. Go get George Papas cocky *****. Go get Myron Gardner I wanna dunk every single possession on your head. Tari didn’t wanna body down low. Yeah he’ll rebound and he’s athletic but he DOESN’T WANNA BANG. Get me some BANGERS down there. Where’s a Coreonte Deberry @ when you need him. There’s a reason Xavier beats our *****. Tough guys, Naji Marshall, Paul Scruggs, a youngin in Dwon Odom. This is Cincinnati Basketball. We ain’t going no where. Knock this doom and gloom s*** off. Imma ride with CJB. This man can coach, he’s got over a .600 win percentage here in his 2 years and we’re supposed to fire him because a few entitled freshman want to throw a fit? We gonna reload, just need to reload with men and not boys. Those boys gone. Division doesn’t fix s***. Let’s rally around the coaches and young men still here and let’s f****** roll.

END RANT.

Comment

• Your exactly right CB2. Many on here were disparaging the coach because in their view he was overwhelmed coming from a lesser conference. The more info that leaks out we find that these recruits are pampered, entitled prima donnas. Somebody' little darling got their feelings hurt because the coach yelled at them and told them that they were not all that and a bag of chips!. I can actually see this as it is but it surprises me with the madsen twins cause I read somewhere that their dad coached bball. He would know that it wouldnt be easy on his two darlings if they want to succeed in DI bball. Could you envision any of these current brats playing for huggs here in the late eighties! Im still on CJB's corner

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
                              CJB probably should’ve adapted better to the situation at hand however he’s always been very methodical and set in ways and very analytic based. He’s definitely more business and mission focused than he is a people person. However, the vibe I got from this article make the kids look worse than CJB. Fighting back tears because you weren’t playing? Get better, try harder. Complaining about rules regarding ear rings, hats, and du rags in team meetings? You’ll be fine, I promise. I’m 21 years old so don’t hit me with those “okay boomer” comments either. I just finished up my sports life 3 years ago and we’ve always had rules like this. ****, I’m in a college and I’ve had a professor with a no hats in class rule. Both sides agreed there was no sense of abuse but they were scared to ride an elevator with him? You’re trying to tell me ONE MAN almost ruined your love for the game? .... stop it. No way any one in this freshman class makes it through a summer with Mick. Another personal opinion, I think Mason didn’t have a problem with CJB and would’ve stayed but he also had a good bond with the other freshman and didn’t wanna feel like he was betraying them including his brother by staying. Seems like CJB did the same things he usually does but with covid, losing, and emotional freshman it seems he’s getting thrown under the bus. Respect to CJB for not throwing these guys under the bus back. Found this interesting, the seniors, supposed to be the leaders and the mentors. Usually when guys transfer, you’ll repost on your story or reply to their transfer announcements or like it. Just to wish them luck or show your support with a little caption. Chris Vogt and Keith Williams. Didn’t like or comment on a single one of the transfers posts, they liked Jeremiahs returning tweet immediately though. Seems as if they were tired of their s***. No more mouthy twitter moms. No more butterfly tattoos. We need physical, mentally tough grown men. There’s a reason Houston beat our *****. It’s not because of their style of play. Not because Sampson undoes his tie and throws a fit but because they can walk on to the court and deliver body blows to us for 40 minutes and could go for another 40 if they wanted to. We need blue collar, chips on shoulders, WORKERS. That’s what built Cincinnati basketball. That’s what will REBUILD Cincinnati basketball. Go get another Mika, Mr. consistent, tough guy outta NY. go get another JD, put on for my city thick n thin. Go get another DDJ heart and soul into this game. Starting tomorrow Bryson Spell, unranked. Arizona State doesn’t wanna pull the trigger and offer. Virginia Tech doesn’t wanna pull the trigger an offer? Ight bet I’ll go to Cincinnati and work my ***** off with a chip on my shoulder because I know I’m 10X better than Elon. Go get George Papas cocky *****. Go get Myron Gardner I wanna dunk every single possession on your head. Tari didn’t wanna body down low. Yeah he’ll rebound and he’s athletic but he DOESN’T WANNA BANG. Get me some BANGERS down there. Where’s a Coreonte Deberry @ when you need him. There’s a reason Xavier beats our *****. Tough guys, Naji Marshall, Paul Scruggs, a youngin in Dwon Odom. This is Cincinnati Basketball. We ain’t going no where. Knock this doom and gloom s*** off. Imma ride with CJB. This man can coach, he’s got over a .600 win percentage here in his 2 years and we’re supposed to fire him because a few entitled freshman want to throw a fit? We gonna reload, just need to reload with men and not boys. Those boys gone. Division doesn’t fix s***. Let’s rally around the coaches and young men still here and let’s f****** roll.

END RANT.
                              Dude, I'm ready to run through a wall for you!
                              Cory Huffman
                              Cin City

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
                                CJB probably should’ve adapted better to the situation at hand however he’s always been very methodical and set in ways and very analytic based. He’s definitely more business and mission focused than he is a people person. However, the vibe I got from this article make the kids look worse than CJB. Fighting back tears because you weren’t playing? Get better, try harder. Complaining about rules regarding ear rings, hats, and du rags in team meetings? You’ll be fine, I promise. I’m 21 years old so don’t hit me with those “okay boomer” comments either. I just finished up my sports life 3 years ago and we’ve always had rules like this. ****, I’m in a college and I’ve had a professor with a no hats in class rule. Both sides agreed there was no sense of abuse but they were scared to ride an elevator with him? You’re trying to tell me ONE MAN almost ruined your love for the game? .... stop it. No way any one in this freshman class makes it through a summer with Mick. Another personal opinion, I think Mason didn’t have a problem with CJB and would’ve stayed but he also had a good bond with the other freshman and didn’t wanna feel like he was betraying them including his brother by staying. Seems like CJB did the same things he usually does but with covid, losing, and emotional freshman it seems he’s getting thrown under the bus. Respect to CJB for not throwing these guys under the bus back. Found this interesting, the seniors, supposed to be the leaders and the mentors. Usually when guys transfer, you’ll repost on your story or reply to their transfer announcements or like it. Just to wish them luck or show your support with a little caption. Chris Vogt and Keith Williams. Didn’t like or comment on a single one of the transfers posts, they liked Jeremiahs returning tweet immediately though. Seems as if they were tired of their s***. No more mouthy twitter moms. No more butterfly tattoos. We need physical, mentally tough grown men. There’s a reason Houston beat our *****. It’s not because of their style of play. Not because Sampson undoes his tie and throws a fit but because they can walk on to the court and deliver body blows to us for 40 minutes and could go for another 40 if they wanted to. We need blue collar, chips on shoulders, WORKERS. That’s what built Cincinnati basketball. That’s what will REBUILD Cincinnati basketball. Go get another Mika, Mr. consistent, tough guy outta NY. go get another JD, put on for my city thick n thin. Go get another DDJ heart and soul into this game. Starting tomorrow Bryson Spell, unranked. Arizona State doesn’t wanna pull the trigger and offer. Virginia Tech doesn’t wanna pull the trigger an offer? Ight bet I’ll go to Cincinnati and work my ***** off with a chip on my shoulder because I know I’m 10X better than Elon. Go get George Papas cocky *****. Go get Myron Gardner I wanna dunk every single possession on your head. Tari didn’t wanna body down low. Yeah he’ll rebound and he’s athletic but he DOESN’T WANNA BANG. Get me some BANGERS down there. Where’s a Coreonte Deberry @ when you need him. There’s a reason Xavier beats our *****. Tough guys, Naji Marshall, Paul Scruggs, a youngin in Dwon Odom. This is Cincinnati Basketball. We ain’t going no where. Knock this doom and gloom s*** off. Imma ride with CJB. This man can coach, he’s got over a .600 win percentage here in his 2 years and we’re supposed to fire him because a few entitled freshman want to throw a fit? We gonna reload, just need to reload with men and not boys. Those boys gone. Division doesn’t fix s***. Let’s rally around the coaches and young men still here and let’s f****** roll.

END RANT.
                                ^^^^^ Well written, CB2. "Holy ****. Hallelujah. Where's the Tylenol?"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X