Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Saho reporting that contacts tell him the situation will be resolved this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Brandon Saho reporting that contacts tell him the situation will be resolved this week.

does that include having a coach securely in place and in pursuit of obtaining players to field a team? Not being snarky just trying to emphasize the urgency of getting players

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

does that include having a coach securely in place and in pursuit of obtaining players to field a team? Not being snarky just trying to emphasize the urgency of getting players
        My only hope in all of this is Cunningham has a new coach in hand, already agreed to general terms/amounts, and just can't announce it. Maybe 1 or 2 of the freshmen return. Yeah, I know, I am an optimist
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Recruits are in the balance. Continuity is critical. Is there an AndyK in the house?

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

My only hope in all of this is Cunningham has a new coach in hand, already agreed to general terms/amounts, and just can't announce it. Maybe 1 or 2 of the freshmen return. Yeah, I know, I am an optimist
            I don't know. If I were a coach I wouldn't interview or talk to a school if their old coach hadn't been released yet. Would we want somebody who is willing to do that?

Comment

• A talented assistant the kids would play for?

Comment

• We like to hope but I wouldn't overestimate this AD.

Comment

• I don't want the AD to have any say in all of this... screw him... It his job to keep an eye on things as the season goes on... if there were issues that were going on in-season.. what did he do ? Where was he all along ? Look.. obviously the players has issue with JB... did the AD get word ? What did he do about it ? This whole thing is f'd up... If JB was doing something of that great offense, then why did that AD allow it to go on. This whole thing smells to high heaven.

Comment

• Not only that but when all **** broke loose last week Cunningham drug his feet, twiddled his fingers, and sat on his hands all the while the house was falling in around him and he don't even address it until a podcast goes viral. I don't know where JC come from but the BoT needs to address that situation as oppossed to a coach who wouldnt allow mommies to wipe their kids noses.

Comment

• I'll say again. Lawyers are probably keeping a lid on everything. That doesn't mean nothing has been happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                        I'll say again. Lawyers are probably keeping a lid on everything. That doesn't mean nothing has been happening.
                        A LOT of balls to juggle. The Coach's job is a big PR position for the school. Costs a lot and school reputation is key. Can't come off as a pissing contest with the coach. Amicable parting of ways with nobody's reputation tarnished.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

I hope he doesn't. I hope he stands his ground and says no you're paying me 5.25 million dollars or i'll take you to court for 2/3 years. I hope he digs his heels in and draws the line in the sand.
                          Why???? U hate UC? Or just have a financial interest?
                          Last edited by Pruke; 03-27-2021, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruke View Post

Why???? U hate UC? Or just have a financial interest?
                            Love UC will always love and support this program. I’m on John At the same time, I’m on John Brannens side of this whole thing. This entire process is completely bulls***. Milk this thing until you get as much money as you possibly can. He deserves this money for his name being dragged through the mud damaging his career because some 18 year olds think practice is too hard and their parents are crying because they wanna hand out homemade cookies after the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

Love UC will always love and support this program. I’m on John At the same time, I’m on John Brannens side of this whole thing. This entire process is completely bulls***. Milk this thing until you get as much money as you possibly can. He deserves this money for his name being dragged through the mud damaging his career because some 18 year olds think practice is too hard and their parents are crying because they wanna hand out homemade cookies after the game.
                              Like I've stated previously before, Brannen sunk the season egotistically and this may be karma coming back. The university is looking bad and it's costing money for this investigation. Grip up, you really believe those petty problems are what created this situation? The university and Brannen are both soiled if this has a bad story ending. Should really stop blaming attacking these young men who Brannen recruited, he still looks bad.

Comment

• Excuse me. Practice is too hard? I hope you realize what work and time goes into the development of a D1 player outside of the program. The hours of training. The parents drive and fly all over to AAU events and many train with their kids or spend quite a lot of money to get the right trainers and basketball camps. Yes, once the talent is seen, most camps are free and equipment for teams. but it ain't handing out cookies. You have your school's HC, the AAU HC and your various trainers all barking out orders until the commitment. Then you have the school taking charge.

Do you have parents complain? Yes. But you must understand many of these kids have no the economics at home so they are not hard to guide. Others have parents who played and most understand the process, but are wise when you have those going beyond the normal authority. My one son had a coach with breath of a wino. His wife divorced him and he got real abusive (physical) with kids that came from a stable home. My boy was younger, but some of the older parents did some research. He lost his college job and his previous HS job for the same reason, but all was covered up. He was especially tough on the kids whose fathers were ex NBA players and financially secure with great relationship with their sons. After some difficulties, he resigned. One of the players had severe problems later and he was no pansy. The constant put downs and other abuse caused him to react horribly when a problem came up later while he was in college. I will not say what happened. I will say he wanted to please all .

I said that to say with all the forum pontificators who believe one report and then another plus use any excuse for losing (the kids- the coach- covid) , have no clue and probably have not been in the situation. These kids are the kids of people and they know abuse. They are usually tough people so it takes a lot to get to them. The culture which we are a part of has caused the schools to be hands off for a winner often at any means. HCs have a lot of power and control, with being raised on wanting to be Bob Knight instead of John Wooten. It does affect their personalities. Not all react adversely, but they are in a pressure cooker from themselves, the school and the fans.

We got to stop the jumping to conclusions for our entertainment. We might never know what happened. We might only know what the final result is. We will have to live with it. As soon as the new season starts most will be forgotten. Our stake is on the uniforms and records and seldom on the people.

I know we all love our team and we also have an emotional stake in what is happening as true fans should. I just caution on all the knee jerk reactions and then the finger pointing based on whims and speculation.

I liked ZH a lot because he was not the thug (at least I thought so) that many labeled him. He did try. I don't know what was promised to him, but I have heard coach speak before. All I know is when I saw a kid beaten down on the bench with the HC playing game minutes games with him, and JB did, I figured we were seeing the tip of an iceberg. We were. I never bought into all the easy excuses that he was ill and not game ready. I saw his movements. He improved on defense and was active offensively. Then I saw MS sitting quietly (he's emotional) and almost as depressed. If we watched closely you could see some troubling things.

I just wish many of you could have seen back to back championships instead of the excrement of a program we currently have. I don't blame the culture because people make the culture. I have no clue to what is going on except the typical CYA. I just think we all should stop the senseless attacks.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X