Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s a whole damn can of worms for the whole department. I trust Mangine but it’s not going a surprise me if this happened behind his back because of other issues I know about.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Mr. Wyrick, I hope that when all the dust settles from this colossal keystone kop caper and all shenanigan doers are cleared out from our beloved program that you'll let the rest of us in on all this scoop your haulin around. You must be bustin at the seams keeping all these secrets. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        That’s a whole damn can of worms for the whole department. I trust Mangine but it’s not going a surprise me if this happened behind his back because of other issues I know about.
        If true, and it was behind Mangines back, then that's cause and Brannen must be fired. If true, and others knew, whoever needs to be fired.

Comment

• I call B.S. on this one... if actions were this much "no brainers".. he'd be gone already.

Comment

I trust Mangine but it’s not going a surprise me if this happened behind his back because of other issues I know about.
            I'm very interested to hear what you've heard. Feel free to PM me if you don't fill comfortable posting it. Will Venmo 10 bucks if necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

If true, and it was behind Mangines back, then that's cause and Brannen must be fired. If true, and others knew, whoever needs to be fired.
              I can’t say who was fault because I don’t truly know where the information originated. And frankly, it might be nothing but I was a bit surprised at what I heard.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Good grief. Enough already. If you know something, then go on the record, state your case and your sources. Otherwise, skip it. No one cares about the opinion of the guy who mops the mens room who heard something about something that someone may or may not have heard. Etc etc etc.

This is all about $$ and who runs the show. That's it. Remember when they say it's not about the money, then it's all about the money. The AD doesn't like the Coach and the Coach doesn't like the AD. The AD wants to force out the Coach, but not pay out his contract. The Coach says 'bleep you, pay me'. Is this really all that complex?

If the AD has to mount an investigation to find cause, then that means the AD doesn't have crap to back up his case. That's really an indictment of the idiot AD. He doesn't know what's happening in one of his flagship programs. Covid or no Covid, where's he been all year? The Bahamas? The planet Mars? What does this guy do all day?

When's the last time UC and investigation came out good for UC? How about never. You think this is a good look? Assuming Brannen is gone, you doubt any coach worth hiring is going to take a long look at this drama? Like they'd want to sign up for this crap? You think Fickell is looking at this and wondering if this nitwit AD will try to shaft him out of $$ down the road?

Six kids are transferring. So be it. They are all fine young men, and they will be missed. Meanwhile back at the ranch the wide open transfer rules mean every program from Duke to Fart Knocker U have kids in the Portal. There could well be 100s of kids in the portal by the time it's all said and done. People want to explore their options. If you don't panic and do due diligence there will be players to be gotten.

Remember what Kevin Bacon said at the end of Animal House. 'Don't panic! All is well! All is well!'.
                Last edited by bearcated; 03-29-2021, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Usually, you call in the outsiders after you've completed your own investigation. Many times it's to have independent verification of what you already know. That's where it is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

All medical issues especially regarding covid would be handled by Bob Mangene. Absolutely 0% chance that this happened.
                    I hope not too because Brannen seems like a good guy, and I think his style could produce winners. I also don't think that this is as simple as no hats in meetings or purely a JC vs JB pissing match. JC isn't dumb, he's a lawyer himself. At this point, I just want it done. Decide it ine way or another and move on.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I hope not too because Brannen seems like a good guy, and I think his style could produce winners. I also don't think that this is as simple as no hats in meetings or purely a JC vs JB pissing match. JC isn't dumb, he's a lawyer himself. At this point, I just want it done. Decide it ine way or another and move on.
                      Pointless comment by me, as there is nothing else to say at this time... but is JC really a lawyer? He graduated from law school and has spent his entire career in college athletics (did he even take and/or pass the bar exam?) ... Either way, I've seen lots of people on social media and other boards drag him a lot through this all but none of us knows the full story so have to let it all play out and go from there. Among other things, people got upset when Chad Brendel said last week that JC and JB had not spoken or met, but exchanged a couple text over the past couple weeks and that is it. Seemed like a red flag about JC, right? Well, it's very likely that lawyers were already involved, in which case the appropriate course of action is to have lawyers talk to lawyers.

But definitely agree with red_n_black_attack, let's just get this done and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcated View Post

When's the last time UC and investigation came out good for UC? How about never. You think this is a good look? Assuming Brannen is gone, you doubt any coach worth hiring is going to take a long look at this drama? Like they'd want to sign up for this crap? You think Fickell is looking at this and wondering if this nitwit AD will try to shaft him out of $$ down the road?

THIS is what concerns me the most about the entire situation - how it will affect the Football program. Remember how the promised locker room renovation was cut in half? I think it was approximately $5 million. So CLF has effectively already been "shafted" out of $$. If UC has to make a payout to CJB, I think CLF would be pretty hacked-off and more apt to listen to offers in the future.

One could argue that's what the investigation is all about - trying to get out of paying. But any situation that ends with CJB out as HC will affect UCFB. CLF's tie to UC is what he's built, not necessarily UC itself. UC is his vehicle, and we need CLF more than he needs us.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Pointless comment by me, as there is nothing else to say at this time... but is JC really a lawyer? He graduated from law school and has spent his entire career in college athletics (did he even take and/or pass the bar exam?) ... Either way, I've seen lots of people on social media and other boards drag him a lot through this all but none of us knows the full story so have to let it all play out and go from there. Among other things, people got upset when Chad Brendel said last week that JC and JB had not spoken or met, but exchanged a couple text over the past couple weeks and that is it. Seemed like a red flag about JC, right? Well, it's very likely that lawyers were already involved, in which case the appropriate course of action is to have lawyers talk to lawyers.

But definitely agree with red_n_black_attack, let's just get this done and move on.
                          https://gobearcats.com/staff-directo...unningham/1515

"A 2001 TCU graduate, Cunningham received a law degree from the University of Nebraska’s College of Law in 2005." It does not say if he took or passed the bar as he has worked in athletic departments since his internships interpreting rule as the Maryland Compliance Coordinator within the Athletic Dept.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I can’t say who was fault because I don’t truly know where the information originated. And frankly, it might be nothing but I was a bit surprised at what I heard.

I wasn't surprised by what I heard, since some of the stories were already leaking out.... You just don't know what's the truth? One thing I was told, took me off guard.... I truly hope this is over this week... It's hurting the recruiting process, plus we might be able to salvage some of the current players who entered the portal.

Comment

• I think if there is one thing we can ALL agree upon is .. whatever the final outcome is... JUST DO IT ALREADY !!!! If CJB remains the coach, put a plan in place to improve whatever the issues were. If CJB is out, then let's start talking to candidates and get out of limbo. I liked the CJB hire but have no idea what goes on behind the scenes... get that facts, make a decision one way or another and lets f'ing go !

Comment

• Calm down everyone it's not Good Friday at 5:30 yet.. (kidding)
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X