No announcement yet.

Isaiah Collier 2023 GA PG 6'3 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to totally go out on a limb and guess the reason he hasn't committed yet is that there are G-League Ignite offers on the table that are higher than what the NIL collectives have out there. I hope I'm wrong on the NIL part. We were a little late to get started on that.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

There also comes a point when you start to think that if they REALLY wanted to come here they would have announced it already. I almost wonder whether hesitancy to commit to any place would be a warning sign to the schools. Seems like anything less than.. "UC is where I want to be" comes with a lot of risk... the biggest of which would be to pass up THAT guy while waiting on the other guy to make up his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
        There also comes a point when you start to think that if they REALLY wanted to come here they would have announced it already. I almost wonder whether hesitancy to commit to any place would be a warning sign to the schools. Seems like anything less than.. "UC is where I want to be" comes with a lot of risk... the biggest of which would be to pass up THAT guy while waiting on the other guy to make up his mind.
        Another more reasonable possibility than what I threw out earlier and again, I'm guessing, is that the NIL deal is still being worked on wherever he's going. If he does choose UC, we just got into NIL with both feet recently. It's a contract and details have to be negotiated. That takes time.
        Last edited by Lobot; 08-11-2022, 12:56 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          I'm going to totally go out on a limb and guess the reason he hasn't committed yet is that there are G-League Ignite offers on the table that are higher than what the NIL collectives have out there. I hope I'm wrong on the NIL part. We were a little late to get started on that.

Yeah, probably G League...or he's leaning towards Michigan if I had to guess, with UC a close second..

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Another more reasonable possibility than what I threw out earlier and again, I'm guessing, is that the NIL deal is still being worked on wherever he's going. If he does choose UC, we just got into NIL with both feet recently. It's a contract and details have to be negotiated. That takes time.
            Michigan doesn't appear to be a big player for NIL in terms of basketball https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1...C-qamLp54rAAAA

Comment

Under Armour Elite 24: Isaiah Collier recaps his Michigan official visit

https://247sports.com/Article/Isaiah...sit-191328801/

Collier: "I still talk to the [UC, UCLA, USC] staffs at least every other day. They want me to come in and play my game."

Collier has not decided if he plans on taking any more visits during the fall. He additionally says he is unsure of his timeframe in terms of announcing a college decision.

"I have not thought about it yet," Collier said. "But I think my decision will come sooner than later. I am looking at the play style and level of player development to find the best place where I can play my type of game."

Comment

Collier won the game for Team Havoc at UA Next+ last night.

https://twitter.com/SCNext/status/1558253886716231681
                Last edited by Lobot; 08-13-2022, 04:35 PM.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Listened to (small) basketball portion of Bearcat Journal's BBP podcast. They mentioned Brandon Jenkins from 247 apparently at some point said Collier is favoring UC and USC. Chad Brendel wasn't sure that Michigan is out, but definitely has long felt USC is a big threat. No real mention of UCLA.

Comment

Collier is #1 in the new 247 rankings for 2023
                    https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Ba...=HighSchool%2F

https://247sports.com/Article/Number-one-prospect-in-2023-basketball-recruiting-247Sports-rankings-update-Isaiah-Collier-Cincinnati-USC-UCLA-Michigan-191896711/

247Sports recently posted an exclusive interview with Collier at the Elite 24 in Chicago which you can read all about here but we couldn’t pass the opportunity up to ask him if there has been any updates in his recruitment since.

“Just the same four schools - Michigan, USC, Cincinnati and UCLA,” he said.

“Not even sure yet,” he added on a timeframe for a commitment. “Hopefully it comes before the [calendar] year is over.”
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 08-22-2022, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• think his #1 ranking affects us and our chances in any way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                        think his #1 ranking affects us and our chances in any way?
                        It shouldn't...but isn't it at least kind of curious he's been a top 5-10 recruit for sometime and there hasn't been Duke, Kentucky (maybe a little?), Kansas, North Carolina diving in? ... I don't think these staffs need to rely on the rankings to show interest, but I suppose if this kid is really #1 good, some bluebloods could come a knockin'

Comment

• It’s been a while since we’ve been in a conversation for the top player, back to Lance Stevenson, and before that DerMarr Johnson. I think it’s great we’re in his top 4, which will be influential with lots of other guys. Sure we’ll probably have him only one year, but I’ll take that. My only concern is he may go straight to the pros, here or overseas, before the NBA in 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

It shouldn't...but isn't it at least kind of curious he's been a top 5-10 recruit for sometime and there hasn't been Duke, Kentucky (maybe a little?), Kansas, North Carolina diving in? ... I don't think these staffs need to rely on the rankings to show interest, but I suppose if this kid is really #1 good, some bluebloods could come a knockin'
                            The group you mentioned are at the top of the pecking order today, but UC, UCLA, and Michigan are not slouches as all have a strong pedigree. USC is intriguing, but I suppose that will happen
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Collier -- #1 in the new 247 rankings -- is #4 in the soon-to-be released updated Rivals rankings. I guess they've announced the top 10 but haven't released the rest.

Comment

• With no news out there...

Just pointing out that a 5-star PG from the Los Angeles area, AJ Johnson, was supposed to visit USC tomorrow but has canceled that visit/postponed it. https://www.on3.com/news/aj-johnson-...rn-california/

Obviously, UC was in on Trey Green and now on Jizzle James, but it's not like they are the only one (between USC, UCLA, Michigan) recruiting multiple PGs at the same time, as the Collier recruitment drags on.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X