2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post

Aziz and Reynolds are definitely up in the air. Who's the 3rd guy with questionable eligibility status? I thought everyone else was covered for next season.
    John Newman I believe

Comment

Listed heights of projected 2023-24 squad:

6'0 Day Day Thomas
      6'1 Jizzle James
      6'3 CJ Fredrick
      6'5 John Newman
      6'6 Dan Skillings
      6'7 Rayvon Griffith
      6'7 Simas Lukosius
      6'7 Josh Reed
      6'9 Ody Oguama
      6'10 Jamille Reynolds
      6'11 Viktor Lakhin
      7'0 Aziz Bandaogo
      7'1 Sage Tolentino

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post

Aziz and Reynolds are definitely up in the air. Who's the 3rd guy with questionable eligibility status? I thought everyone else was covered for next season.
        Fredrick is on his second transfer. I’m assuming he needs one. I might be wrong about that
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

John Newman I believe
          Newman is different. Waiting on a medical redshirt for him.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Fredrick is on his second transfer. I’m assuming he needs one. I might be wrong about that
            Fredrick is expected to be a grad transfer and shouldn't have concerns with being eligible immediately. But who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Fredrick is expected to be a grad transfer and shouldn't have concerns with being eligible immediately. But who knows.
              I believe GoBearcats31 is correct. Fredericks should be a grad transfer.

Comment

Yes, he indicted in his transfer he was graduating this spring from UK.

https://www.si.com/college/kentucky/...sional-options

Comment

Here's the latest memo the NCAA sent out to schools on two time transfers dated from March.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...18369409933314

I have no idea how this will go but Bandaogo has set himself up from the get go to fall into category 1) on that document in Rothstein's tweet. He won't get the waiver solely based on the coaching change with Madsen leaving Utah Valley and has to qualify under mental health. This is the reason he couldn't transfer to Cal and follow Madsen. He previously transferred from Akron to Utah Valley and that was his freebie.

Reynolds is in the same boat as far as I know. Mental health impact due to the behavior of the previous staff at Temple. He won't get it solely on the coaching change itself. He previously transferred from UCF to Temple.

Based on that memo, Fredrick should be fine as a grad transfer.
                  Last edited by Lobot; 05-26-2023, 08:25 AM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So, what happens to these players if the NCAA turns them down? Do they sit for a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                      So, what happens to these players if the NCAA turns them down? Do they sit for a year?
                      Yes. It wouldn't be terrible if one of those two sat and had an "extra" year left starting in 24-25. But would not be good if both of them were denied.

Comment

Whatever happened with Flourey? Has he committed yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                          Whatever happened with Flourey? Has he committed yet?
                          Flory Bidunga is a 2024 recruit. He said he'll decide from among a number of bigtime programs (UC included at this point) before the start of his high school season this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Yes. It wouldn't be terrible if one of those two sat and had an "extra" year left starting in 24-25. But would not be good if both of them were denied.
                            Is there some kind of time line in place to whereas a verdict comes to inform the applicants of their eligibility? Or is it strictly on a first come first served basis whereby the earlier the appication was filed the sooner a decision can be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Here's the latest memo the NCAA sent out to schools on two time transfers dated from March.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...18369409933314

I have no idea how this will go but Bandaogo has set himself up from the get go to fall into category 1) on that document in Rothstein's tweet. He won't get the waiver solely based on the coaching change with Madsen leaving Utah Valley and has to qualify under mental health. This is the reason he couldn't transfer to Cal and follow Madsen. He previously transferred from Akron to Utah Valley and that was his freebie.

Reynolds is in the same boat as far as I know. Mental health impact due to the behavior of the previous staff at Temple. He won't get it solely on the coaching change itself. He previously transferred from UCF to Temple.

Based on that memo, Fredrick should be fine as a grad transfer.
                              What do you think was the rationale why the coaching staff would take these types of gambles on the two big men? I can see gambling with one roster spot, but gambling with two roster spots? What is the plan B if neither player is eligible? As far as I can tell, these NCAA rule changes have been in place at least since late March. I guess the plan B will be to use Tolentino as the back-up big man. Wow!! Maybe the coaching staff knows something, or are playing an angle, that no one else has thought of. I hope so because UC can really use both big men; especially Bandaogo because he can play the 4 and the 5. If UC can keep its roster intact for next season, they are going to have a MONSTER team. Here is hoping that everything works out to UC's advantage.
                              Last edited by leeraymond; 05-26-2023, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

What do you think was the rationale why the coaching staff would take these types of gambles on the two big men? I can see gambling with one roster spot, but gambling with two roster spots? What is the plan B if neither player is eligible? As far as I can tell, these NCAA rule changes have been in place at least since late March. I guess the plan B will be to use Tolentino as the back-up big man. Wow!! Maybe the coaching staff knows something, or are playing an angle, that no one else has thought of. I hope so because UC can really use both big men; especially Bandaogo because he can play the 4 and the 5. By the way, when did UC add Bandaogo? I have not been keeping up with the latest news in a while.
                                He committed on 5/20
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X