Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC 12 not in good shape if this article is true.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nsultant-says/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      PAC 12 not in good shape if this article is true.

I take Dennis Dodd with a grain of salt, and he has a bad habit of writing what he thinks should be true versus the facts. This article is believable. The Big 12 contract with Fox and ESPN has a 70% target of games on linear tv, with the rest streaming.

There was also a report yesterday from Greg Swaim that the Big 10 has a list of 4 ACC team they would target in expansion ahead of Oregon/Washington. If that is true, then Brett should make it clear his top targets are the two biggest Pac 10 brands. A. The Big 10 is patient and will wait, B If the ACC GoR is to become null/void, then the ACC teams would need to vote it out of existence. With the SEC and Big 10 targeting or wanting schools, those ACC teams will not vote to merge with Pac10 or add Pac10 Teams.

Something has to give. This thing has been boiling for several months, and it will boil over soon.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I take Dennis Dodd with a grain of salt, and he has a bad habit of writing what he thinks should be true versus the facts. This article is believable. The Big 12 contract with Fox and ESPN has a 70% target of games on linear tv, with the rest streaming.

There was also a report yesterday from Greg Swaim that the Big 10 has a list of 4 ACC team they would target in expansion ahead of Oregon/Washington. If that is true, then Brett should make it clear his top targets are the two biggest Pac 10 brands. A. The Big 10 is patient and will wait, B If the ACC GoR is to become null/void, then the ACC teams would need to vote it out of existence. With the SEC and Big 10 targeting or wanting schools, those ACC teams will not vote to merge with Pac10 or add Pac10 Teams.

Something has to give. This thing has been boiling for several months, and it will boil over soon.
        it now kinda sounds like 4/15 is "the date". at some point, one or more of these PAC presidents is going to call GK on this - they've been patient, and i get it that nobody necessarilly likes change, but, at some point, he'll have to actually have something to present to them. is that 4/15? don't know. but i'd have to imagine that its going to be soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

it now kinda sounds like 4/15 is "the date". at some point, one or more of these PAC presidents is going to call GK on this - they've been patient, and i get it that nobody necessarilly likes change, but, at some point, he'll have to actually have something to present to them. is that 4/15? don't know. but i'd have to imagine that its going to be soon.
          Agreed. The AZ President was candidly clear before his trip that he has some set criteria in place or has set himself up with an escape route for AZ. Of course if GK pulls off a miracle in terms of both revenue amount and linear tv, then the Pac10 will sputter along until the next crisis. However, the tea leaves point to the first domino falling after the April 15th league meeting.

My questions are these:
          1. If Arizona (or another 4 corners school) applies to the Big 12, will BY recommend that the league presidents say yes?
            1. I think the answer is no. BY knows that the big prizes are in the Pacific NW. If and when any Pac10 school makes an application, the BY PR team will have leaks everywhere trying to gauge interest of those Pacific NW Beauties, and we will not have any team immediately accepted that applies.
          2. Why are we hearing rumors of Fresno St, UConn, Gonzaga, and SD St to the Big 12?
            1. I get BY has a plan for basketball, and my bet is on his plan making tons of cash. However, even in the best basketball conference, football is cash king. It could be a ploy to sway Pac10 teams to flinch/jump early. It could be a real all sports invite for UConn or Fresno, possibly even SD St. One thing intriguing about Gonzaga is if they are brought in with a football school, then each team could play an even number of home and away conference football games. Somehow, some way these teams figure into a grander scheme that involves Pac 10 teams too, but I cannot see the possibilities.

Comment

PAC 12 not in good shape if this article is true.

I find it interesting that this article is by Dodds and he references information reported by CBS last week. Well, Dodds was the one that reported last week. Do we now have writers referencing their own previous work to try to make their current writing seem more credible? Does he think that we have such limited memory to think that he is quoting someone else? Again, can't believe anything Dodds writes especially if he is referencing his own work as fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I find it interesting that this article is by Dodds and he references information reported by CBS last week. Well, Dodds was the one that reported last week. Do we now have writers referencing their own previous work to try to make their current writing seem more credible? Does he think that we have such limited memory to think that he is quoting someone else? Again, can't believe anything Dodds writes especially if he is referencing his own work as fact.
              Funny, I almost put a snarky disclaimer on my post because it was Dodd.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Funny, I almost put a snarky disclaimer on my post because it was Dodd.
                I have to believe that for some reason either Dodds or CBS is rooting for the demise of the PAC. They seem to be leading the rumors.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I have to believe that for some reason either Dodds or CBS is rooting for the demise of the PAC. They seem to be leading the rumors.
                  Could be they're trying to tank the negotations so they can pick it up cheap.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Per Stewart Mandel, the PAC12 is not expected to have a TV contract until late spring or early summer
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Time to go after Washington and Oregon.

Comment

• And now the Pac10 is in negotiations with the CW, which makes some sense because most people only watch commercials during live sporting events. However, who is going to stay up late to watch west coast games?

Comment

Per Stewart Mandel, the PAC12 is not expected to have a TV contract until late spring or early summer
                          Here's the write up on it from Stew. ($)

https://theathletic.com/4388808/2023...-negotiations/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                            And now the Pac10 is in negotiations with the CW, which makes some sense because most people only watch commercials during live sporting events. However, who is going to stay up late to watch west coast games?
                            You can watch Riverdale and lead right into the Oregon State vs Washington State donnybrook. lol

Comment

Here's the write up on it from Stew. ($)

https://theathletic.com/4388808/2023...-negotiations/
                              I wonder if there is any sense that the streaming services want the marquee games and linear tv could have the Cal-Stanford or Colorado-Utah games. I'd think having Ore-Wash game on streaming would be a starting point for Amazon or Apple to drive subscriptions.

Comment

• There are several articles out there now (just do a google for "pac12 media rights". They are quoting part of the athletic and are mocking the Pac 12 with CW. They all say that it does not end well with the PAC.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X