Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACC Is considering unequal shares. ACC weighing revenue model that would send more money Clemson’s way. A closer look (msn.com)
    Amount that Big 10 spends on recruiting (surprise that tosu is way behind) - Football World Reacts To Surprising Big Ten Recruiting List (msn.com)

Comment

• I don't know if it's proper to pose this question here or to just begin a new thread but at any rate I don't follow a lot of the conference meanderings and rumors etc. so I was wondering what the TV contract looks like for the upcoming B12 bball season ? Are we stuck watching games on ESPN+ again or do we get bumped up to the premier TV channels?

​​​​​​

Comment

• Based on the link, It looks similar to this years Big 12 contract. ESPN, ESPN+ and FOX mixed.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-deal-espn-fox

Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Deputy Commissioner of the PAC 12 quits. It has been reported on many sites some are pay and this one is free. Key Pac-12 executive leaves conference in midst of media rights negotiations (msn.com)
          But this says not a big deal. Pac-12 deputy commissioner leaves but will still advise the league (usatoday.com)

Also reporting that Colorado may be on the verge of bailing on the PAC. At least it is not Dodds reporting. Report: Colorado a Candidate to Defect from the Pac-12 (msn.com)
          Last edited by bearcatbret; 04-10-2023, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Per Cord Cutter News, talks between The PAC and The CW were never serious, and The CW will not be getting a rose this go around.

The CW Drops Out of Talks With The Pac-12 For Football Rights - Cord Cutter News

Comment

• Jason Scheer , the AZ writer, just confirmed the smoke around Colorado jumping back to the Big 12
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Dodd shows up again just 6 hours ago and says that Ion and CW make a good package. Pac-12 discusses 'small package' of games with The CW as it competes with major leagues for TV dollars - CBSSports.com

Comment

• Some interesting tidbits but all speculations. First, Utah is staying because they will have a guaranteed path to the playoff. Second, the PAC will stay intact. Third, T. Thomas held without bond. fourth, it seems that the Big 12 has invited Washington and Oregon. Fifth, SDU has to give notice by June 30 about leaving their conference. When it comes to potential Pac-12 expansion, why June 30 is such a critical date (msn.com)

Comment

• April 15 came and went. no paradigm shifting announcement from the Pac-12. I just hope they got their taxes paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
                      April 15 came and went. no paradigm shifting announcement from the Pac-12. I just hope they got their taxes paid.
                      There is a source within AZ State, who has accurately portrayed the PAC media negotiations in recent months, who wrote this weekend that the money and exposure, as presented to the schools' brass, are insufficient to sustain the athletics departments. The deal, which has not been finalized to-date is likely to be for five years. The UA/ASU presidents and ADs are working on building consensuses to move to the B12. He expects that, if they decide to move, any announcements would occur between 4/28/23 and 5/17/23. If the PAC is still intact by the end of spring, they'll try to stick it out and hope that they're still relevant after five years.

This source provided the information to Greg Flugaur (who often tries to report on realignment matters, but sometimes a bit off base; he's been right-on thus far concerning the PAC). He reads the ASU source's letter here (after a short time reading off a pre-season football ranking):

EP 193: ASU's Money Perch 4/15 Letter. FPI's Preseason Top 25 has been released (ESPN) - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

There is a source within AZ State, who has accurately portrayed the PAC media negotiations in recent months, who wrote this weekend that the money and exposure, as presented to the schools' brass, are insufficient to sustain the athletics departments. The deal, which has not been finalized to-date is likely to be for five years. The UA/ASU presidents and ADs are working on building consensuses to move to the B12. He expects that, if they decide to move, any announcements would occur between 4/28/23 and 5/17/23. If the PAC is still intact by the end of spring, they'll try to stick it out and hope that they're still relevant after five years.

This source provided the information to Greg Flugaur (who often tries to report on realignment matters, but sometimes a bit off base; he's been right-on thus far concerning the PAC). He reads the ASU source's letter here (after a short time reading off a pre-season football ranking):

EP 193: ASU's Money Perch 4/15 Letter. FPI's Preseason Top 25 has been released (ESPN) - YouTube
                        I am still of the belief Yormark has something magical up his sleeve. They guy who is bringing Big 12 to the most famous playgounds in NYC and has negotiated a conference wide Pro-Days expo to be aired on NFL Network isn't bringing in 2 Pac10 teams in the bottom 5 in terms of brand value.

Something else is cooking.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I can't believe this topic is still ongoing and quiet. Why haven't the PAC teams started to bail yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                            I can't believe this topic is still ongoing and quiet. Why haven't the PAC teams started to bail yet?
                            Valid question. I'm guessing but it might be because the fiscal year turns over for most public schools on July 1 and the separation fee probably goes down a notch at that point. That's the same date that UC will effectively actually join the BIg XII.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                              I can't believe this topic is still ongoing and quiet. Why haven't the PAC teams started to bail yet?
                              Geroge K has been adamant he will get 50% linear with same money as Big 12, and the presidents have bought into what he is selling until recently. It now looks like at least the AZ and CU presidents have put a deadline onto GK to "show them the money". I'd look for more cracks to appear in May with movement in June. Pac-10 schools have until June 30th to inform the conference they are moving, and this will allow them to begin new conference play Jul 1, 2024 (when the current media deal ends).

There has also been some renewed buzz the new Big 10 commissioner wants to pursue Oregon and Washington at a discounted payout to take advantage of the situation. I personally hated to hear it, because I think those are the only two Pac 10 programs I really desire. There are a few others that are okay, but those two add value to the Big 12 immediately. I'd even let them have a 12 month notice high buyout and a 24 month medium buyout price without GoR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Valid question. I'm guessing but it might be because the fiscal year turns over for most public schools on July 1 and the separation fee probably goes down a notch at that point. That's the same date that UC will effectively actually join the BIg XII.
                                http://www.2knightsmedia.com/the-see...aking-so-long/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X