Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ Board of regents meeting Thursday per Jason Scheer of Wildcat Authority. This meeting was not on the BoR calendar before today per Scheer
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• There is more chatter about Arizona leaving the PAC because they want to be relevant in basketball and does not believe it will be in the PAC.

Comment

• PAC 9? Will reveal their TV deal tomorrow per several sources
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          AZ Board of regents meeting Thursday per Jason Scheer of Wildcat Authority. This meeting was not on the BoR calendar before today per Scheer
          They moved it up a day
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            PAC 9? Will reveal their TV deal tomorrow per several sources
            More detail on the announcement. Pac-12 leaders set to meet, receive details of potential media rights deal, AP source says - Newsday
            “Each of us will make our own independent analysis,” Arizona President Robert C. Robbins said in June. “I’m hopeful that the deal is going to be good enough to keep us together.”

Comment

• I’d like to see 3 more and am convinced OR & WA are B10 bound. I think AZ, UT & SDSU would be great adds

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                I’d like to see 3 more and am convinced OR & WA are B10 bound. I think AZ, UT & SDSU would be great adds
                UT isn't even picking up the phone when Yormark or reps are calling. SDSU just gave MWC a two year guarantee, and their buyout makes it not worth it for now, plus they will be available later. AZ is intriguing, only because they are not enamored with GK; however, they don't fully deliver the coveted Phoenix market (neither does ASU). I agree UDub and Oregon will eventually get to Big10, but not in the near future. If they sign GoR for current media deal, I'd even agree to bring Wazzu and Ore St with them. If they leave in 2030 or 2031, so be it.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Early leaks about the PAC media rights deal is that it is in the low $20M per school and is streaming heavy. Pac-12 Media Deal Could Be Announced Tuesday; Agreement Likely Be Streaming-Heavy with Apple as Likeliest Partner (msn.com)

Comment

• Thamel is saying it’s based on Apple TV subscriber numbers as a payout variable. Apple is not guaranteeing them a bottom line number here.

You can’t budget for Athletics based that big of a variable IMO

Realistically they could crush it on subscribers and it might be a better deal than the Big 12 payout but I don’t want to be the person at any member school that has to explain a revenue miss because people canceled their streaming subscription everywhere east of Utah. The PAC 12 viewership numbers are already low and now you’re mostly missing the LA TV market.

Hello to Arizona and whoever else that decides to head for the exits.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• At a subscription rate of $7 per month, they will need to sell a whole lot of subscriptions for a conference that rated the lowest in TV viewership last year (without USC).

Comment

• I have a feeling Wash/Ore are going to agree to goto the B1G for a reduced rate... like half is still way more than they get to stay. I think we get all of the 4 corners and call it a day even though Utah is being snobbish. I feel a little bad for Oregon State because we've had some good games with them in the past and we were screwed over just like they are about to be but it is what it is.

Comment

• Oregon is gone to the B1G I think. Washington is being pretty quiet about all of this but I’m sure they have something on back channels and will most likely land in the B1G as well.

Utah might be bluffing on the steadfast PAC 12 thing but if they end up in the Big 12, let’s go. I’d rather have them than BYU frankly.

Oregon St and Wazzu are hosed and headed for the MW.

I have no idea what’s happening with ASU, Cal, Stanford and SDSU but I think it’s going to be MW.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Or does PAC become Cal, Stanford, Wazzu, Oregon St, SDSU, CSU, SMU, Boise, Tulane, Fresno some assortment. It's just hard to see Cal/Stanford letting schools with the poorer academic stigma in. They may have no choice... Next few days/weeks will be interesting to watch unfold. Might be a power struggle between MWC and PAC to see which one survives.

Comment

• If you want to watch the Arizona Board of Regents meeting tonight, the link is within this article. They meet at 4:30 MDT. Here’s what reportedly happened in Pac-12’s latest media deal meeting (yahoo.com)
                              From what I have read, I would think that Oregon to the Big 12 is more likely than the B1G at this point. Maybe Oregon will head to the BIG later but I doubt if it will be within this cycle of realignment.

Comment

• Thamel reports Apple TV will likely be the main carrier of PAC 12 sports. I’ll say this, the broadcast quality on Apple TV is about 1000x better than ESPN+.

https://www.threads.net/@peterthamel...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
                                Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X