Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a projection of the projected Power 3 conferences. Realignment plan for 3 NCAA super-conferences – SEC, Big Ten, Big 12 (freep.com) I would suspect that WVU may petition for Pitt to bring back the brawl.

Comment

• Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic reporting Washington and Oregon to the Big Ten is losing momentum
      https://theathletic.com/4748878/2023...ig-ten-slowed/ ($)

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic reporting Washington and Oregon to the Big Ten is losing momentum
        https://theathletic.com/4748878/2023...ig-ten-slowed/ ($)
        The B1G offered them 50% shares. OR & WA wanted more.

Comment

• I think whenever this morning PAC meeting is over we'll start hearing some more finalized announcements. Sounds like AZ is a sure thing. ASU/Utah will probably sit on it another week or 2 before deciding what they want. If Wash/Ore really stay then I'm guessing we only take AZ. Basketball is going to be insane... I hope Wes and the team are ready

Comment

• Florida State University is working with JPMorgan Chase to explore how the school’s athletic department could raise capital from institutional funds, such as private equity, according to multiple people familiar with the plans. https://www.sportico.com/business/fi...cc-1234733152/

Comment

• Seeing rumors that B1G came back to Ore/Wash with a higher $$$ offer this morning... so that's back on the table now. The PAC meeting is not going to end with GOR signing today according to Thamel

Can confirm@ralphDrussoAP report that there's a Big Ten presidents call now scheduled for today. There wasn't one scheduled early this morning.
              Last edited by Chewbacca2099; 08-04-2023, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• The responses to this are funny considering all of these same people thought that the PAC was the best place in the world for the past year. Big 12 expansion: Arizona State's Michael Crow implored to let Sun Devils leave Pac-12 (msn.com)

Comment

• The PAC12 was unable to get any schools to sign a Grant of Rights this morning.

McMurphy is reporting that Oregon and Washington are still a go for the Big 10 and that it’s a matter of working out the money
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    The PAC12 was unable to get any schools to sign a Grant of Rights this morning.

McMurphy is reporting that Oregon and Washington are still a go for the Big 10 and that it’s a matter of working out the money
                    If the B!G is getting close to $90M per school, half of that plus TV visibility is a whole lot better than $20M with streaming.

Comment

• Thamel now reporting offer letters from the Big 10 are out to Oregon and Washington. There will be a vote later today to accept them into the conference.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Oregon/Wash to B1G is a done deal. They pretended like they would stay in the PAC this morning to get a bigger share. Big12 phone lines will be busy today. While it stinks we couldn't land Oregon they would have never been happy or long for the conference anyway. ASU and Utah won't be happy either but they have no choice. Feel sorry for Oregon State and Wazzu because they are about to experience what happened to us with the Big East

Sources: While there had been some initial pushback, the Big Ten vote is expected to be unanimous. First signature move of Tony Petitti's stint as Big Ten commissioner is on the cusp.

Comment

• Ok, if the PAC collapses, what the heck does SDSU do? They’re exiting the MW on July 1, 2024. Suddenly, there’s nowhere to go?
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ok, if the PAC collapses, what the heck does SDSU do? They’re exiting the MW on July 1, 2024. Suddenly, there’s nowhere to go?
                            i thought that sdsu pledged its eternal love to the mwc - are you sure it's leaving next summer?

Comment

Ok, if the PAC collapses, what the heck does SDSU do? They’re exiting the MW on July 1, 2024. Suddenly, there’s nowhere to go?
                              I was under the impression that SDSU took back their intention to exit the conference, and after some meetings were back in good standing. They just have to pay the legal fees related to the process of not leaving. I think I heard somewhere, as part of being taken back, they can't exit for a minimum of two years. But I could be mistaken.

Comment

• Seeing reports that Apple canceled their offer. Wow.
                                Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X