This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JBB View Post
    Oh pure of heart…..let us not cast stones upon those who have sinned and have need of redemption
    I am far from pure, but also not in charge of any college aged young men. I would vote against me for anything molding the future of our youth.

[QUOTE=leo from jersey;n396557]
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    Yet we defended Huggs for foolin around
    Nope. not defended. I only pointed out he didn't get caught, and there were many
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Hartline interview confirmed.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I think Mike Brown shares some responsibility for the lackluster play of the receivers and passing game as he’s the passing game coordinator
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Hartline interview confirmed.
          Is that only/first confirmed interview? Thus far
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Hartline interview confirmed.
            I told y'all this yesterday lol. Confirmed from one of his family members up here in CBus. Not sure if he's my top choice but also don't think it's a bad one. Hope Cunningham knows what he's doing here, could be a career maker/breaker for him

Comment

• I’d rather a HC with Coor experience vs a position coach. So, Mike Brown as the receivers coach serves as passing coordinator? How does this overlap with Gino’s
              duties as OC?

Comment

• I did not know that Huggs fooled around. I thought that it was because he was a drunk. Meyer's wife is also an alumnus and still keeps in contact with some of her sorority sisters. I know this from personal information. I was an athlete at UC at the same time Urban and his wife Shelly were there and dated a sorority sister. I was not on the football team or basketball team but did hang out with some guys on both teams. I did not know Urban personally but what I heard was that he had an ego and felt that he should have had more playing time than what he was getting. I know that he criticized UC for the longest time after he graduated because of UC's lack of commitment to the football team (back then, faculty members petitioned to can the football program). I know that Urban has visited the campus in the past few years and given talks to the team, he recommended UC to the Big 12 a few years ago in the non-expansion fiasco. I do not know if I would support him or not but I believe that people are holding things against him that may not be warranted. I think that many of us hate him because his Gators beat our Bearcats in the bowl. We may also hate him because he was at tosu and we hate tosu. Would he be good for UC? I do not know. I do know that Shelly still stays in contact with a couple of her UC sorority sisters because I married one of them. I would like for Gino to stay at UC and be groomed but he is not ready yet. Could Urban be the guy to mentor him? Not sure. I will keep an open mind as well as an open mind about Sanders. Most of us would say give a player who made a mistake a second chance, we should also be open minded to giving a coach a second chance. I do not think that UM would stick around but could he stay long enough to mentor Gino or someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                  I did not know that Huggs fooled around. I thought that it was because he was a drunk. Meyer's wife is also an alumnus and still keeps in contact with some of her sorority sisters. I know this from personal information. I was an athlete at UC at the same time Urban and his wife Shelly were there and dated a sorority sister. I was not on the football team or basketball team but did hang out with some guys on both teams. I did not know Urban personally but what I heard was that he had an ego and felt that he should have had more playing time than what he was getting. I know that he criticized UC for the longest time after he graduated because of UC's lack of commitment to the football team (back then, faculty members petitioned to can the football program). I know that Urban has visited the campus in the past few years and given talks to the team, he recommended UC to the Big 12 a few years ago in the non-expansion fiasco. I do not know if I would support him or not but I believe that people are holding things against him that may not be warranted. I think that many of us hate him because his Gators beat our Bearcats in the bowl. We may also hate him because he was at tosu and we hate tosu. Would he be good for UC? I do not know. I do know that Shelly still stays in contact with a couple of her UC sorority sisters because I married one of them. I would like for Gino to stay at UC and be groomed but he is not ready yet. Could Urban be the guy to mentor him? Not sure. I will keep an open mind as well as an open mind about Sanders. Most of us would say give a player who made a mistake a second chance, we should also be open minded to giving a coach a second chance. I do not think that UM would stick around but could he stay long enough to mentor Gino or someone else?
                  I hope you are right as it has been a while but regardless, drinking and driving is very wrong yet we fought for Huggs. WE would have gladly given him a second chance based on his record. Right now I doubt if UM comes, but it would be great as the Cats enter the BIG12 and give an opportunity to groom a younger person. Perhaps another alum. Just about every player thinks they should have more pt especially if the team is losing. I don't fault him for that. UM is a competitor. Regardless I will support whoever is our new coach. I think it is great having a winning team. The problem with Hartline is this a stepping stone to when Day retires - farming him out?
                  Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-01-2022, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

One question. Did anyone think Evan Prather was ready last Friday?
                    I’m here on this post to discuss the coaching search. Pose that question on the Tulane thread from last week. If anyone is interested y’all can discuss it.
                    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

I’m here on this post to discuss the coaching search. Pose that question on the Tulane thread from last week. If anyone is interested y’all can discuss it.
                      That comment concerned Gino and his getting Prather ready. It was in the pericope of the posts and, about Gino. Sorry if you misunderstood the context. Now with that in mind, did Gino have Prather ready. Afterall, Gino coached him for two years and Prather was the highest ranked recruit. The posts right after my post understood and we commented in context. Again, sorry for confusion.

Here is my post answering your post in context
                      people hate change and love the known. Gino is not qualified for this job. ****, he’s not qualified to be offensive coordinator at Wisconsin.

One question. Did anyone think Evan Prather was ready last Friday?
                      again sorry for the confusion
                      Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-01-2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=red_n_black_attack;n396569]

I am far from pure, but also not in charge of any college aged young men. I would vote against me for anything molding the future of our youth.

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Nope. not defended. I only pointed out he didn't get caught, and there were many
                        This board was full of defending and Nancy Z. hate. The post was directed to the general "WE"

Comment

• Mike Florio Deion Sanders tells recruits he’ll pick a school by Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                            Mike Florio Deion Sanders tells recruits he’ll pick a school by Saturday
                            Picking a "hotdog & showoff" like Dion will be the biggest mistake UC could make. He will bolt the first chance, likely to the NFL. Admittedly, he will be able to recruit, but beyond that, he isn't fit to be a HC at a Big 12 school..... just my opinion.

B.C.
                            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• https://footballscoop.com/news/ohio-...ll-alex-golesh
                              - Discussed Hartline, GG and Coombs, Jesse Minter, UT coordinator, James Madison head coach

Comment

• Who is Brian Hartline? Five things to know about the Cincinnati head coach candidate

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...e/69691105007/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X