• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Jones of KSR thinks UK associate Vince Marrow will be a candidate

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Matt Jones of KSR thinks UK associate Vince Marrow will be a candidate
      Interesting. Great recruiter but I have no idea on his coaching abilities to be honest.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Todd Monken and Matt Campbell make an appearance here: ($)

https://theathletic.com/3941093/2022...-luke-fickell/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

One name I hope Cunningham looks into is Tom Herman. He has a great resume, born in Cincinnati, 47 years old, can recruit Ohio. Our AD needs to inquire at very least. This is a National program worthy of great coach

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
            One name I hope Cunningham looks into is Tom Herman. He has a great resume, born in Cincinnati, 47 years old, can recruit Ohio. Our AD needs to inquire at very least. This is a National program worthy of great coach
            Well, he knows Ohio, and he knows the Big XII.

Comment

Herman did great at Houston, success lead him to that toxic mess at Texas and he went 38-19. I would call that successful. Now the waiting game begins, we’ll see who emerges

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                Do you think that different agents representing coaches have already reached out to Cunningham? I think that we all want a coach that can win, recruit, and remain at UC. Do you really think that Deion is ready for primetime?
                No No and No

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Well, he knows Ohio, and he knows the Big XII.
                  A quick check of his background does not really show local knowledge/experience. He was six when he moved to the West Coast and most of his experience is in Texas. He did spend a few years at that college up north.

That said, Are local ties really necessary? A new coach can bring in assistants that know the area.

An only child,[1] Herman was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and has family there. From age six he was raised in Simi Valley, California.[1] He earned his B.S. in Business Administration from California Lutheran University in 1997, where he was a Presidential Scholarship recipient and cum laude graduate. At California Lutheran he was an All-Southern California Athletic Conference wide receiver. He also earned a master's degree from the University of Texas at Austin.

Comment

Whoever is hired, it needs to be a splashy name to keep the fan base engaged and excited. I really think they need to get primetime (or Urban which I'm not 100% sold on), otherwise the sellouts will be over before we even get to the Big12. We all hate to see Fickell go but his offensive style was also boring, so maybe get the next BK

Comment

I’m rooting for Gino. I know I’ll get grilled by this but why not. Hes local loyal young & knows the Midwest.

Comment

"That said, Are local ties really necessary? A new coach can bring in assistants that know the area."

I think if your trying to lure a "big name" to a place that has previously been looked at as a stepping stone until recently I think one who knows exactly what their getting into and is familiar would be at least beneficial.

Comment

I also believe that Gino may not be ready. However, he might be a long-term coach who will not leave. That in itself is not reason to hire him. The only other coach we have had that would have never left was Rick Minter. Speaking of Minter, who knows what he could have done if he was recruiting to the Big East instead of independent or CUSA? I would hope that at some time in the future, UC considers Zach C. for the QB coach. As for now, there is nobody within the organization that makes sense naming as head coach. However, Coombs makes sense keeping on the staff because of his local ties and knowledge of UC. Gino makes sense keeping on the staff because he is a UC legend and knows the program. I also believe that we need someone who knows this region. There may be coaches from Georgia, Bama, Clemson that might be interested but do not know the area. How about a UM assistant? It would seem that Michigan has a lot of hot commodities that may make sense (CFP two years in a row).

Comment

No way on Dion..... everything will be "about him" if he comes here. Herman, who was born in Cincinnati, seems to be my first choice at this point. Maybe Mr. Cunningham will call me and ask me who I want?

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                              .... Maybe Mr. Cunningham will call me and ask me who I want?

B.C.
                              I'm sure he will call you, but it will only be to ask for money.

My priority for a coach is for an Ohio guy who understands the State of Cincinnati concept. Kelly got it and Fickell got it.

I would have no problem with Coombs getting the job. He's been successful everywhere he's been - high school, college and pros. And he understands UC. I think he would be better as a head coach than an assistant; he would be the CEO and continue as a great salesman for the program. But he'll have to have very good assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                                "That said, Are local ties really necessary? A new coach can bring in assistants that know the area."

I think if your trying to lure a "big name" to a place that has previously been looked at as a stepping stone until recently I think one who knows exactly what their getting into and is familiar would be at least beneficial.
                                This is why you keep KC as an assistant and co-coordinator. I saw him at tOSU and he needs help with the defense. The guy from Toledo knows the northern half of Ohio and Kevin Wilson although older would know Ohio and Indiana. Wilson left IU under strained conditions although he was the only winner they have had in the last 40 years.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X