Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Clawson? Lower third in a weak ACC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      Yea I suspect it's going to be a hire that moves the emotion needle neither right or left. If who ever it is has to take time to decide then it probably wasnt' his dream job
      Maybe he made the decision immediately and the reason it is so long was that he was the 10th candidate and Cunningham just got around to him.

Comment

• Tossing a wild card out there: does Will Muschamp do anything for moving needle? His defenses are the best. As head coach, he didn't wow, but didn't fail completely either.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Can we just rent a guy for a year and just try again next year?

Comment

• How do you all feel about Willie Fritz?
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              How do you all feel about Willie Fritz?
              We're not going to find a middle age or younger lifer so might as well take a 62 year old. In fact, hiring a 62 year old probably would be a lifer if he (or she) wins.
              Last edited by Carin's Dad; 12-04-2022, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• An under .500 AAC coach? I’m left
                believing (for whatever reasons) that our HC vacancy isn’t nearly as good as I thought.

Comment

He had a great 2022 season. Seems to have recruited some skilled players to Tulane. I’d rather have Urban but he might be a decent fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    An under .500 AAC coach? I’m left
                    believing (for whatever reasons) that our HC vacancy isn’t nearly as good as I thought.
                    Makes one wonder what Fickell is saying to candidates for the job. I would think they would call him to ask about his experience as UC’s head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Makes one wonder what Fickell is saying to candidates for the job. I would think they would call him to ask about his experience as UC’s head coach.
                      Are we making Fickell into a pariah? Why would he trash UC?

Comment

• Maybe working for JC isn’t all that? There’s something going on here. Why would one of the top candidates choose USF over UC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

Are we making Fickell into a pariah? Why would he trash UC?
                          Not necessarily. I have no evidence to say he is bashing UC. If people call to ask for his input regarding the job, I would hope he would have some positive feedback. But maybe not.

Comment

• Joe Burrow for UC head coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                              Maybe working for JC isn’t all that? There’s something going on here. Why would one of the top candidates choose USF over UC?
                              At USF, Golesh can win right away. Tampa is a hot bed for recruiting…and with Cincy, UCF and Houston gone…he can win big right away and potentially get a dream job after that.

if he takes UC right now, he’s realistically looking at a couple of 4-8 or so seasons…and that takes him out of the running for a dream job.

Same for Hartline. Based on our current situation, UC needed a proven older guy this time…just isn’t the right fit for the top up and comers.

Comment

I am 100% good with Fritz. Look what he’s done with Tulane. Better than us this year.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X