Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent State lost to some really bad teams this year... I get they don't get good players but why hire a 5-7 MAC coach heading into the Big12? Might as well bring Butch Jones back at that point

If they do hire him, they should only pay him 800k/year with big escalators for wins. He only makes 400 now.
    Last edited by Chewbacca2099; 12-02-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• He must not have a reputation as an outstanding coach or we would have heard of him before now. Hard pass, IMO.

Comment

• Per my post on 11/29, Sean Lewis was an up and comer a few years ago. Found this (free) Athletic article
        https://theathletic.com/1456500/2019...isco-bowl-bid/

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
          He must not have a reputation as an outstanding coach or we would have heard of him before now. Hard pass, IMO.
          If you're referring to Lewis, he got a head coaching job at 32. That's almost unheard of. He hasn't been around long enough to make a fair comparison compared to some of the other candidates we're talking about. That's not a negative. It tells me that he's a good coach if someone trusted him with the keys at that age even if it's Kent State.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            So, is this where we think we are at right now? I feel like I've seen buzz for the UT OC on Twitter but not sure I've seen anything definitive. But appears that this is the core right now, unless I'm missing something. I'm still feeling a Mystery Candidate or Candidates could be in play.

Candidates:
            UC OC Gino Guidugli
            Kent State HC Sean Lewis
            Tennessee OC Alex Golesh
            Mystery Candidate(s)
            So based on the post from swilsonsp4 on page 16 of this thread, this still seems to ring true with I suppose Kerry Coombs still in play. Should be an interesting next 24-48 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              Per Justin Williams, candidates list down to four: Sean Lewis, Alex Golesh, Gino & Coombs. He did say, though, that the way John Cunningham works (quietly), there's always the chance of a mystery candidate, but it's unlikely.
              Wow. A pretty weak list. Why a guy in the Mac with a losing record would even be considered is baffling. It's shocking that this program cannot entice any coach with an established track record.

I'm not a Cunningham fan. If this report is accurate it makes me question things even more.

Comment

• My guess is Golesh; combination of Ohio/Big 12 ties and very savvy usage of the portal/NIL.

Comment

• Not many had Wes on radar. I wouldn't put much stock in twitter accounts where Cunningham is concerned. Don't get to riled up until there is an announcement
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Rivals seems to think it’s Golesh
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Per @jeffsimonESPN again

‘Sources say the Cincinnati Bearcats and Tennessee OC Alex Golesh are closing in on a deal to be the next Head Coach for the Bearcats. Golesh apparently blew the competition away during the interview and was the “clear number 1 candidate.” #Bearcats #Vols #CollegeFootball’

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                        Don't want to beat a dead horse, but there is NO difference in committing infractions vs. tolerating them and covering them up or ignoring them. If you want to cut him a hall pass on his o$u dealings, so be it, but his record at Florida was horrid. This is not my opinion, look it up. Program run amuck with dozens of arrests and no ramifications. No thanks for UC.
                        And a national championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                          Kent State lost to some really bad teams this year... I get they don't get good players but why hire a 5-7 MAC coach heading into the Big12? Might as well bring Butch Jones back at that point

If they do hire him, they should only pay him 800k/year with big escalators for wins. He only makes 400 now.
                          That hire would be a HUGE mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

If you're referring to Lewis, he got a head coaching job at 32. That's almost unheard of. He hasn't been around long enough to make a fair comparison compared to some of the other candidates we're talking about. That's not a negative. It tells me that he's a good coach if someone trusted him with the keys at that age even if it's Kent State.
                            The mass exodus that would follow would be like a stampede to get out the door first.

Comment

• Either somebody knows something or they’re just playing games, but Alex Golesh’s Wikipedia page has his current position listed as head coach at Cincinnati. 🤔
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Golesh
                              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
                                Either somebody knows something or they’re just playing games, but Alex Golesh’s Wikipedia page has his current position listed as head coach at Cincinnati. 🤔
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Golesh
                                It’s been there for 2-3 days.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X